Denver Siding Repair and Installation
Siding repair begins by identifying the areas of material that are rotted or broken and need to be replaced.
Local lumberyards carry ‘local specific’ building materials, in most cases makes it easy to get the replacement siding and/or trim.
- If a special order is necessary then it is ordered and a schedule is made.
- The rotted siding and/or trim is removed.
- The new siding and/or trim is measured custom cut and installed.
Homes in Denver are built to a standard of existing codes, that said, your home is also unique. When we remove rotted siding and/or trim we pay attention to the structure under the rotted substrate and the replacement siding and /or trim is installed so the new product is permanently secured as well or better than the original. Caulking is installed and primer is applied as needed to complete.
Other notes on Denver Siding Repair and Installation
1. Horizontal Lap Siding
- Manufactured of composite material.
- Available smooth or textured.
- Variable widths 6,8,10 and 12 inch.
- Factory primed
- Sold in 16 foot lengths
2. Other Siding
- 4’x 8′ or 4′ x ’10’ composite siding
- variable patterns and textures
3. Vertical corners, horizontal and window trim.
- Smooth or textured
- Variable widths and thicknesses
- Sold in 16 foot lengths – factory primed
- Rough cut Cedar
- Smooth or rough finish
- Variable sizes
4. Wood Siding is an item with so many variables it’s a must see item.
As a method of operation we use factory primed composite siding and/or trim whenever possible.
It is very cost effective when compared to a comparable wood product. It comes factory primed and
is almost perfect with no knots. Since paint peels most often off knots in wood we do not install wood
if possible. The 16 foot lengths allows us to use fewer pieces and in most cases the fewer the better.
When wood is chosen or mandated we choose the straightest pieces with the fewest knots[when
possible] and apply oil based primer to the exposed portion.
We use a nail gun if applicable and choose the correct nail size and pressure setting to insure the
siding and/or trim is secured correctly and so the nail head does not recess too far beyond the primed
layer of the siding.